Applications are open to Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020 in Canada for International Students from Canadian Government Scholarship.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Offers Up to 166 scholarships annually to study Doctoral Degree or Combine MA / Ph.D. or MD / Ph.D. Masters Leading to Ph.D.
Vanier CGS (Canada Graduate Scholarships) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students. Vanier CGS also wants to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.).
Vanier Canada Scholarship is one of the Famous scholarships in Canada in all around the world from the Canadian government Scholarships. The Scholarship will provide $50,000 per year for three years. A wide range of academic fields are available & you can select your field and major.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020 Details
No of Scholarships: 166
Course Level: Ph.D., Master Leading to PhD
Deadline: 6th November 2019
List of Universities in Canada Under Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. CLICK HERE to View the Full List of Universities.
Levels of Study:
Ph.D. programs (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.) under Canada government Scholarship.
Permanent residents of Canada
Areas of research:
Natural sciences and/or engineering research
Social sciences and humanities research
Total No. of Scholarship:
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Awards 166 Scholarships Annually to Foreign Citizens, Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada.
Scholarships Worth & Course Start Date:
The scholarships are worth $50,000 per year for three years Full Scholarships For International Students. And the Course will begin in May/Sept 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships:
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020 (see calculating months of doctoral studies below);
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average, and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
The Last Date to Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020 From Canadian Government is 6th November 2019
How to Apply:
How to get scholarships in Canada? The Applying process is mentioned in the Link below. There is a Detailed information step by step on How to Apply. Please Check the Links given below.