The Golden Apple Foundation has opened an award opportunity for Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois.
If you are a high school senior and would like to take part in scholarship opportunities, here is a golden opportunity for you to apply for the Golden Apple scholarship.
GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP
Golden Apple is a non-profit organization that seeks to inspire, develop, and support the excellence of teachers in Illinois, especially in schools of need.
The foundation identifies talented high school seniors, as well as first and second-year college students, who are interested in teaching and prepare them for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
ABOUT THE GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP
The Golden Apple Scholarship of Illinois program was created to prepare teachers for effective classroom teaching and also help with tuition assistance for high school seniors, freshman, and sophomore Illinois college students who have the determination and drive to be highly effective teachers in Illinois schools-of-need.
GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Golden Apple Scholarship is worth up to $23,000.
THE GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
Golden scholars receive scholarship awards worth $23,000 and the award covers:
- Tuition assistance of $2,500 per year for freshmen and sophomore years and $5,000 per year for junior and senior years (paid directly to the Scholar’s undergraduate institution)
- Scholars also receive a $2,000 stipend for participation in each of four Summer Institute experiences
- Comprehensive job placement program that assists scholars in finding employment during and after college
The Golden Apple Scholarship is hosted in the United States.
The Golden Apple Scholarship is open to only high school students in the United States.
High school seniors, freshmen, and sophomore students of Illinois college are eligible for this scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements before being considered for The Golden Apple scholarships.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACAmented student) and resident of Illinois
- High school graduate
- 5 GPA – school transcripts must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete
- Standardized testing requirements:
- ACT: Prior to 9/1/19 – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 19 on the Combined English/Writing portion; 9/1/19 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 16 on the Writing portion; 9/10/17 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 6 on the Writing portion or
- SAT: Prior to 3/5/19 – Composite score of 1030 (critical reading + mathematics=1030 or higher) and a minimum score of 450 on writing and language; (3/5/17 and later): Composite score of 1110 (evidence-based reading and writing + mathematics = 1110 or higher) and a minimum score of 26 on writing and language
- Taking either the ACT or SAT is acceptable. All scores must be from one test administration taken on the same date. Visit the website for upcoming test dates. Scores must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete.
Other Related Scholarships:
THE GOLDEN APPLE APPLICATION PROCESSES
- Complete online application including references and personal statements.
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Standardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
- Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to assist in research purposes.
- Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
- Participate in prospective Scholar interviews
APPLICATION COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP.
On completion of the application, applicants must meet these requirements before being considered for the golden apple scholarship:
- Meet ISAC program requirements
- 5 GPA
- Participation in Golden Apple Scholar Institutes
- Code of conduct compliance
- Bachelor’s degree from an Illinois Partner University
- Illinois teaching certification
- Teach for five years in an Illinois school-of-need within 7 years of graduation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP
To apply for the Golden Apple Scholarship, candidates must register and log in on the golden apple scholarship portal.
Click the Golden Apple Application portal to begin.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates must submit and complete their applications processes on or before 4th March 2022.
THE GOLDEN APPLE ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS
Here is the list of eligible colleges and universities for the golden apple scholarships
See more: Golden Apple scholarships eligible schools.
The Golden Apple Scholarship is an award opportunity created for Illinois university students, freshman or sophomore, and high school seniors who are interested in teaching,
The award is worth $23,000 and covers tuition, expenses, and other stipends.
To be considered for the scholarship, you have to meet the eligibility requirements, submit your application before the deadline and make sure the completion requirements are available.
Don’t blow off this chance, click the Golden Apple Application portal to apply now.