Students in the United States who lack legal status encounter many difficulties, yet they are eligible for prestigious scholarships like the Golden Door Scholarship, which provides financial assistance to deserving candidates. With the Golden Door Scholarship, undocumented students may invest in their futures and establish their own paths through higher education.
GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP
Golden Door Scholarship is a nonprofit organization founded in 2013. It offers full-ride college scholarships to high-achieving undocumented students. Initially available only to students in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, Golden Door scholarship is now open to all undocumented students.
Its mission is to help undocumented DACA students gain upward mobility through education. To be eligible, you need to be a DACA student pursuing an undergraduate degree.
You must also be able to take part in paid internships. Scholars are also required to maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Golden Door matches eligible scholarship recipients with colleges based on student preference and availability of the school admission. The nonprofit organization provides a direct route to a number of prestigious colleges, as well as access to mentors, opportunities for fellowships, internships, and professional growth, and an annual career readiness summit.
As a Golden Door Scholar, each student receives a scholarship empowering her or him to earn a bachelor’s degree and pursue a dream career. Eligible students may be high school seniors, recent high school graduates, or currently enrolled in college pursuing an undergraduate degree.
THE GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The total dollars awarded for this Golden Door scholarship is $40,000 to cover tuition, room, and board for a four-year degree. 100% tuition fee payment grant for all successful recipients.
THE GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP NUMBER OF AWARDS.
The Golden Door scholarship awards approximately fifty awards each year.
THE GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP FIELD OF STUDY
The Golden Door scholarship is available for students who are in high school students, high school graduates, currently enrolled undergraduates, and transfer students who wish to concentrate on computer science, technology, data science, mathematics or related fields.
The award will take place in the United States.
The Golden Door scholarship is only available to international students who are citizens or residents of the United States.
Golden Door Scholarship also accepts applications from all over the country. However, students from countries that teach DACA-recognized students or undocumented students outside the state are given high priority.
To be eligible to apply for Golden Doors Scholarships, the applicants must:
- Have DACA, TPS, or meet the eligibility criteria for immigrants
- Have a High GPA
- Attend advanced or demanding secondary school classes
- Has held leadership positions or is involved in the community
- Applicants must have DACA, TPS, or a certificate that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have come to the US before the age of 16
- Have lived in the United States continuously since November 1, 2014, until today, and have no legal status
- Currently, be in high school or have completed a US high school or received a General Education Development (GED) certificate from a US program
- Have not been convicted of a crime, gross misdemeanor, or any of three or more other offenses in the categories that you disqualified from the DACA and do not otherwise endanger national security or public safety
- Taking advanced or challenging high school classes
- Driven to excel and help others succeed
- Actively applying for a variety of scholarships
Application requirements for the Golden Door Scholarships are:
- Application form
- Official Transcript
HOW TO APPLY FOR GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP 2022
Applications for Golden Doors Scholarships 2021 is to be done in the program application portal.
Note: Applications are currently closed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP
The annual deadline for the Golden Door Scholarship award application is usually September 30th.
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted, so you have to consider applying before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
THE GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIPPARTNERING SCHOOLS.
Here is a list of the partnering schools;
- Agnes Scott College
- Belmont Abbey College
- Duke University
- Elon University
- Emory University
- Franklin &Marshall College
- Guilford College
- Meredith College
- Oberlin College
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Rhodes College
- Smith College
- Tufts University
- Wake Forest University
- Wingate University
- Case Western Reserve University
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
- AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE GOLDEN DOOR SCHOLARSHIP?
You must have DACA, TPS, or not have lawful status in the US, you must also have a high GPA before being considered eligible for the scholarship
- DO I HAVE TO BE A CURRENT HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT TO APPLY?
Recent high school graduates, currently enrolled undergraduates and transfer students are also eligible to apply. Funding for graduate degrees is not supported.
- CAN THIS SCHOLARSHIP BE APPLIED TOWARD GRADUATE SCHOOL?
The Golden Door Scholarships may only be applied to undergraduate degree programs.
- ARE SCHOLARS EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN A MINIMUM GPA IN COLLEGE?
Yes, all Golden Doors scholars are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA each semester.
- DO I HAVE TO GO TO A PARTNER SCHOOL?
Students are supported at other accredited four-year institutions on a case-by-case basis. Most students attend Golden Door scholarship partner schools,
- WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION?
Your applications will be reviewed and you will be notified of the results via email. The interview process will begin of you are selected to move on to the next step.
- I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK ABOUT MY APPLICATION, BUT THE DATE FOR FEEDBACK HAS PASSED.
You may have to check your spam or junk folders to see if you have received an email from Golden Door Scholars.
- HOW ARE FINALISTS JUDGED?
Scholarships are awarded to academically successful students who are involved in extracurricular activities and have shown leadership qualities and determination despite the barriers their status presents.
- ARE RECOMMENDATION LETTERS REQUIRED?
Recommendation letters are not required for the Golden Doors scholarship application.
- DO MY HIGH SCHOOL AND/OR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS HAVE TO BE OFFICIAL COPIES?
You may submit the unofficial copies by scanning and uploading an unofficial copy of your transcript.
The Golden Door scholarship is a nonprofit full-ride scholarship to help high achieving undocumented college students with full tuition needed to scale through in their college degrees. And it’s worth $40,000 and it is open to international students who are residents or citizens of the United States.