It’s a good time to be a high school student if you’re thinking about applying for the Heisman Scholarship.
The Heisman High School Scholarship application is an opportunity for you to be recognized and rewarded for all of the hard work you’ve put into your high school career.
If you’ve maintained at least a B average, participate in at least one of the school-sponsored sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee in the Summer and Winter Olympic Games, the Paralympic Games or the National Federation of State High School Associations, are a leader in your community and role model at your school, then you’ve got what it takes.
To honor high school graduates who have excelled in their academics, athletics, and community service, the Heisman High School Scholarship continues a 27-year tradition.
Men and women high school athletes who have a strong sense of civic responsibility and a desire to put their gifts to good use are eligible to apply for the prize, which honors both genders.
Rules guiding the application:
The following are the rules guiding the scholarship;
Heisman High School Scholarships will be awarded to National Winners, National Finalists and State Winners. All scholarship winners must meet all the rules of the Heisman High School Scholarship application process.
- The winner of the Scholarship can attend any accredited college or university in the United States. The scholarship is not limited to any particular institution.
- Scholarship winners must plan to be enrolled full time, that is a minimum of 12 hours per semester or quarter for the entire 2022-2023 academic year.
- Scholarships are not renewable and are for one academic year only.
- Scholarship funds may only be used toward educational expenses: fees, tuition, and books.
- The one-time award allowance will be paid at once for a full academic year. The check will be delivered to the college/university and mailed directly to the student at the beginning of the sponsorship period. The student will be responsible for forwarding the check to their college/university.
- Other awards may be accepted by scholarship recipients of the Heisman High School Scholarship. There will ordinarily be no disapproval of the acceptance of additional awards.
- If the recipient does not register for the 2022-2023 academic year, the unused part of the funds will be renounced. Any funds renounced will be returned to the Heisman High School Scholarship program.
- Exceptions may be considered on an individual basis if the denial comes from hardship, family tragedy, illnesses, or similar reasons and is completely the decision of the Heisman High School Scholarship program.
- The Heisman High School Scholarship program reserves the freedom to change scholarship funds distribution as needed.
- Should a scholarship recipient choose to postpone schooling and pursue military service, funds may be deferred for educational use at a later time. Requests must be made in writing to the Heisman High School Scholarship program (email is acceptable), must clarify the time of deferral, and must be approved in advance. All deferral proposals will be examined on a case-by-case basis by the Heisman High School Scholarship program.
The following are the criteria for the application;
- Students whose senior year of high school is the 2021–2022 academic year, graduate with the class of 2022.
- Students who have at least a weighted “B” grade average (3.0 GPA) during grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Students who participate in at least one of the sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee in the Summer and Winter Olympic Games, the Paralympic Games, or the National Federation of State High School Associations.
- Students who have participated in volunteer service, community involvement, or leadership within/her school or community.
- Students who are a resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (D.C.).
Level/Field Of Study
High school senior
This scholarship program is hosted in the United State.
How Do I Apply for Wendy’s Heisman High School Scholarship program?
When the application is open, the applicant should follow the following processes;
- the applicant may begin the application process by clicking “Apply Now” in the header of the website to be redirected to the application website.
- Applicants will enter their email addresses and be urged to create a username, the password for their application and will be asked to provide some basic information also.
- If considered eligible, applicants should then select “Begin Application” to finish the rest of the applicant’s profile section.
- Once a complete profile is created, the student’s unique application ID will appear at the top of his/her application by their name. It is important to keep this number for forthcoming customer service inquiries.
Eligible applicants may then continue to fill out the application. The application is scored by Scholarship America to determine school winners through national finalists. National Winners are selected by a committee that reviews the National Finalist applications.
- Students may navigate the various sections of the application using tabs located at the top of the application after the student profile is created. If the student misses a required section, he/she will receive an error message and will not be able to submit their application until the required information is entered.
- Students must provide an accurate email address of the school official who will log in to review the application and its contents and confirm its accuracy. This school official cannot be related nor a parent/guardian of the student.
- Students may log in to their accounts as often as needed before the student application deadline, or until their application has been submitted. Students will need to retain their username and password to log in again.
Application procedures for Heisman Scholarship:
The following are the process to follow while applying for the scholarship;
- Select a reviewer: You will need to ask a school official to review your application. This review must be completed for you to qualify for the program. The school official can be an unrelated teacher counselor or administrator at your high school. You’ll need to enter your reviewer’s full name and email address on the application, so it’s a good idea to check with him or her before you start.
- Application begins: Before you can begin your application, you must complete an eligibility quiz. If you meet the academic and athletic eligibility requirements, you will be able to register and begin your application to tell us how you learn, perform, and lead in your school and community.To register, create an account and establish a username and password. You’ll need your username and password through the application close date to log back into your account, work on your application, and review your applications’ status. You don’t have to complete the entire application at one time.You can save it and return later using your username and password. But do be sure to accurately and completely answer every question before submitting your application. Remember that incorrect or incomplete applications can disqualify you from the program
Note: Follow the link to get reminded when the application is coming out.
Note the following reminders:
- Students must retain their username and password until their application has been accepted.
- Students and reviewers are encouraged to log out whenever they leave the computer.
- Be assured: Students’ and reviewers’ personal, private information will not be shared with anyone outside of the Heisman High School Scholarship program and selection committee.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS:
We encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible to allow time for the school official to review it for accuracy.
Students must keep their password and username until their application has been accepted.
Reviewers and Students are encouraged to log out whenever they vacate the computer.
Be assured: Reviewers’ and Students’ private and personal information will not be shared with anyone that is not of the Heisman High School Scholarship program and selection committee.
Online results will be posted at www.heismanscholarship.com