The South Carolina HOPE scholarship has opened a 2022 scholarship for South Carolina high school graduate who resides in South Carolina.
ABOUT HOPE SCHOLARSHIP SOUTH CAROLINA
The Scholarship Program was established under the South Carolina Education Lottery Act and behind with the 2002-03 academic year.
The scholarship is a one-year merit-based scholarship created for first-time entering freshmen attending a four-year institution.
Candidates who do not qualify for the LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships, but graduate from high school with at least a B average can apply for this scholarship.
Funding for the program is dependent upon the annual proceeds generated by the SC Education Lottery.
Eligible students attending four-year public or private college or university will receive up to $2,800 towards the cost-of-attendance during the first year of attendance only.
The Hscholarship $2,800 award covers $2,500 related to tuition expenses plus an additional $300 for textbooks.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS ARE AVAILABLE.
Yearly, there is 100 HOPE scholarships available.
The scholarship program is available to United States citizens or is permanent residents.
- Be a graduate from high school or complete an approved home school program as prescribed by law;
- Attend an eligible South Carolina public or private college or university;
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) at the time of high school graduation and be a legal resident of South Carolina.
- You must be a South Carolina resident at the time of high school graduation and during the period of the award.
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You must have graduated from a South Carolina high school or graduated from a high school outside of South Carolina while a dependent of a parent or legal guardian who is a legal resident.
- You must be a full-time, first-year undergraduate student seeking your first baccalaureate degree.
- You must not be receiving either a South Carolina Palmetto Fellows or LIFE Scholarship.
- You must not have been convicted of any second or subsequent alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor in any state within the past academic year.
- You must not have been judged delinquent, nor have been convicted or pled guilty to any felony in any state.
- You must not be in default or owe a refund or repayment on any federal or state financial aid.
To qualify for the Scholarship SC, first-time entering freshmen must meet the following criteria:
Earn a cumulative 3.0-grade point ratio (GPR) based on the Uniform Grading Policy (UGP) upon high school graduation
- You must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
HOW TO APPLY FOR HOPE SCHOLARSHIP SOUTH CAROLINA.
Candidates are expected to apply and complete their application processes on the HOPE scholarship SC
Application for the HOPE scholarship SC closes by Jun 30, 2022.
All applications are expected to be completed on or before then.
ACCEPTING YOUR AWARD.
If you are awarded a HOPE Scholarship, you must complete an eligibility statement on Self Service Carolina.
Go to SSC and choose “Financial Aid, Award for Aid Year.” Then select “Terms and Conditions” and complete the certification.
HOPE scholarship South Carolina is a merit-based scholarship created for first-time entering freshmen attending a four-year institution.
Applicants must be South Carolina residents and must be attending public or private college or university at South Carolina as at the time of application.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will happen if I have a change of residence?
A change in your residency and fee payment status to nonresident will lead to the required repayment of your award for any enrollment period in which you are no longer classified as a resident and received the HOPE Scholarship.
What happens if I drop a class or withdraw?
If you withdraw from or drop classes, you will be required to repay the financial aid funds you received including the HOPE Scholarship. This is necessary when the refund amount is insufficient to meet the financial aid fund recovery requirements.