The LULAC Scholarship Fund is set to reward United States citizens, and Hispanic students attending colleges and universities with LULAC SCHOLARSHIP opportunities.
LULAC NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
LULAC Councils have been selling tacos, tamales, having dances, etc., to raise monies for scholarships that are given to Hispanic students meeting certain guidelines since 1929.
The LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC), created the LULAC National Scholarship Fund several years ago.
LULAC National Educational Service Centers raise money through donations from national corporations, while the LULAC local councils continue raising their monies in their usual ways.
LULAC National Educational Service Centers send out matching funds information to all councils who in turn followed the guidelines set by the LULAC National Scholarship Fund program and submit their monies for matching purposes.
LULAC offers a variety of scholarships for high school seniors, and undergraduate & graduate college students through their educational arm, the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. (LNESC).
ABOUT LULAC NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
The LULAC scholarship program is cosponsored by some LULAC Councils who help to raise scholarship funds at the grassroots level
The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) considered education as its number one priority since it was established in 1929.
LULAC Scholarship offers education efforts, to Hispanic students attending colleges and universities. Under the LULAC National Scholarship Fund program, local LULAC Councils, in partnership with local and national businesses, award scholarships to students in their communities.
LULAC National Scholarship Fund is administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, a non-profit educational organization established by LULAC to provide educational programs for Hispanic students and youths.
LULAC SCHOLARSHIP WORTH.
The LULAC Scholarship is Worth an average amount of $250 (low amount) to #2,000 (high amount award)
A United States citizen, legal permanent resident, or be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is Eligible for the LULAC Scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Be an Incoming/current undergraduate must have applied to or be enrolled as a full-time student in a college or university, including 2-year colleges, or vocational schools that lead to an associateÔÇÖs degree.
- Graduate students must have applied to or be enrolled as part-time students in a college or university.
To be eligible for the LULAC Scholarship, you:
- Must be an undergraduate student or a graduate student
- Must attend a university, a four-year college, a two-year college, or a vocational-tech school
- Must be both full-time and part-time students
Applicants for the LULAC Scholarship must complete the following steps in order to be considered for an LNSF scholarship:
- Completed and signed the LNSF application form. LNSF applications must be mailed or emailed directly to a participating LULAC Council by March 31.
- High school or college transcript, including cumulative GPA
- Verification of admittance or enrollment from the institution the student is attending or planning to attend (i.e. – letter of acceptance, a letter from the registrar, or a transcript)
- Typed, or neatly printed, personal essay of not more than 500 words
To apply for the scholarship, you are required to provide:
- Enrollment Verification (undergraduate/graduate students)
- Application Form
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the LULAC Scholarship, click LULAC SCHOLARSHIP to begin your application process.
The deadline for LULAC Scholarship 2022 is March 31st, 2022.
Applicants are expected to submit their applications and other requirements on or before the due date.
Note: Applications must be submitted directly to a local participating LULAC Council by the application deadline
LULAC NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND AWARD CRITERIA
There are three award criteria open at LULAC National Scholarship Fund.
Applicants are eligible for the following three types of scholarship awards:
- National Scholastic Achievement Awards
This award is valued at $2, 000.
The students must have a GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Honors Awards
This award is valued at $500 to $2,000.
The student must have a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- General Awards
This award is valued at $250 to $1,000.
Grades and academic performance of students will serve as indicators.
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT LULAC NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND.
- Ford Driving Dreams Scholarship
The Ford Driving Dreams Scholarship Program is intended to reward and encourage high school seniors from the San Antonio and Houston areas to pursue a degree at U.S. post-secondary institutions.
The Ford Driving Dreams Scholarship Program is sponsored by Ford Motor Company Fund and administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC).
- NBCUniversal LNESC Scholarship
The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program is intended to reward and encourage outstanding Latino students who has interest in the media and entertainment industry to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a U. S. post-secondary institution.
This Scholarship Program is sponsored by NBCUniversal and administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC).
- ExxonMobil / LNESC Scholarship Program
The ExxonMobil/LNESC Scholarship Program recognizes and rewards outstanding Hispanic high school seniors who plan to pursue a degree in engineering at U. S. post-secondary institutions.
This Scholarship program is Sponsored by the Exxon Mobil Corporation, LNESC will award one (1) national scholarship of $20,000, paid over four years, and twelve (12) $2,000 local scholarships to qualified high school seniors
- Macy’s Emergency Scholarship Fund
The LNESC Emergency Scholarship Fund is a joint partnership between LNESC & Macy’s aimed at providing financial resources to deserving students facing economic hardship and immediate monetary needs that could result in an inability to complete classes or a degree program.
Read more: LULAC Scholarship opportunities
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is LULAC Scholarship renewable?
No, LULAC Scholarship is not renewable yearly.
- How do I qualify for LULAC Scholarship?
To qualify and be considered for LULAC Scholarship, you must be an Eligible applicant and also follow the application process not forgetting to provide the application requirements.
- How much is LULAC Scholarship worth?
There are three award criteria for LULAC Scholarship, you may be eligible and qualify for any of the three.
Scroll up to read the eligibility criteria for the awards criteria.
- If I have any questions, who may I ask?
LULAC Scholarship is an award opportunity for Hispanic students and youths to help raise monetary needs and block monetary challenges that might cause an abrupt halt to their education.
LULAC Scholarship is cosponsored by LULAC councils and LULAC National Scholarship Fund.
Eligible applicants for the LULAC National Scholarship Fund are encouraged to mail or email their application directly to a participating LULAC Council on or before March 31.