If you are or know a woman who is pursuing a degree in one of the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics), you may be eligible for the Science Ambassador Scholarship, which will cover the whole cost of your education.
ABOUT SCIENCE AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP
One of the scholarships offered by the Science Ambassador Program is for undergraduate women pursuing STEM (science, technology, engineering, and Mathematics). Cards Against Humanity is providing support for the Scholarship. This includes a scholarship for undergraduate women and non-binary persons in the fields of Science, Technology Engineering, or Mathematics.
WORTH OF SCHOLARSHIP
The worth of the Science Ambassador Scholarship varies yearly but it covers full tuition for undergraduate women in the STEM field.
The Science Ambassador Scholarship is open to citizens and residents of the United States. If you are not a citizen of the United States, you may still apply. Citizens of nations other than the United States and Canada are eligible for the Science Ambassador Scholarship.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, you must:
- be Female
- be a high school senior or an undergraduate student.
- attend a school in the United States.
- Study full time.
THE SCIENCE AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP FIELD RESTRICTIONS.
The Science Ambassador Scholarship is restricted to students studying:
- Applied Sciences
- Behavioral Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science/Data Processing
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Energy and Power Engineering, Engineering-Related Technologies
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Fire Sciences
- Food Science/Nutrition
- Meteorology/Atmospheric Science
- Marine Biology
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Marine/Ocean Engineering
- Materials Science
- Engineering, and Metallurgy
- Natural Sciences
- Nuclear Science
- Public Health, Pharmacy
- Physical Sciences
Here are the application requirements for the Science Ambassador Scholarship.
To apply for the Science Ambassador Scholarship, you must:
- Obtain an application form.
- Go through the specified requirements text.
- Film a three–minute educational video of yourself explaining any STEM topic you’re passionate about.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCIENCE AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants for the 2023 academic year will be able to apply in the autumn. As part of the application process, submit a three-minute video in which you describe a STEM subject that you are enthusiastic about.
You must be a senior in high school or a first-year college student to apply.
Check out our prior winners to see videos we’ve loved in the past. This is what you should include in your video:
- Instead of a personal statement, this is a brief lesson. Take the role of a professor and deliver your speech to a classroom. Let’s learn something new.
- An excellent representation of your knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject matter. We look for fresh and distinctive perspectives to the subjects we cover. There is no need for your film to be complex or high-tech in order for it to be effective. The cost of production is irrelevant.
- Shorter than three minutes. Videos that go beyond this time limit will be discarded. There will be no exceptions!
- Any issue in the world of science and technology, not only your own. Choose a subject that piques your interest and intrigues you. Even if you’re a scientific buff, you don’t need to keep up with the newest developments in the field.
- Accurately based on the facts. The sources you utilized in your study should be cited in your paper. It’s best if this appears at the conclusion of your video in a slide or frame. It’s up to you what citation style you employ.
- Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public.’ No exceptions!
Application for the Science Ambassador Scholarship can be done in two ways. You can apply online or through email. Click here to begin your application process.
The deadline for the STEM Scholarship is December 2022.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to be a U.S. Citizen to apply?
To apply for the Science Ambassador Scholarship, you do not need to be a U.S. citizen. You are only required to attend college (or plan to attend college) in the United States or a United States Territory.
- Does my video have to be about my field of study?
Interestingly, You can choose any STEM topic you find exciting.
- Can I apply as a graduate student?
It’s only open to undergraduate students and high school seniors.
- How many years of tuition does the Science Ambassador scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers undergraduate tuition expenses for up to four years, starting with the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Which fields of study are eligible for the Science Ambassador Scholarship?
All fields within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics are eligible for this scholarship.
- May I apply if I minor in the STEM field?
STEM must be your major field of study before applying for the scholarship.
- I haven’t decided on a major, but I’m definitely going to study a STEM field. Can I still apply?
Yes, you can apply, as long as you will study a STEM field for the entirety of your undergraduate career.
One of the most prestigious awards in STEM is the Science Ambassador Scholarship, which provides full financial support for female students pursuing degrees in one of these disciplines.
Scholarships are awarded to female residents of the United States and Canada who are citizens of countries other than their own.
Make a three-minute video of yourself on a subject in STEM that interests you and submit it to the Science Ambassador Scholarship.