Year after year, the University of Memphis Scholarship offers foreign and national students the opportunity to study for free. Another possibility for you to study at a university on a scholarship has arisen.
You should apply for this scholarship if you are an upcoming overseas student or a high performer who is looking forward to having inexpensive education fees.
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Memphis was founded in 1912 in a quiet residential neighborhood of Memphis, Tennessee. The University of Memphis is a major research institution that helps build a sense of intellectual engagement that will empower you to make a difference in life and throughout your career.
It welcomes more than 21,000 students to campus every year. Diversity is one of its strengths. Students and faculty are welcomed from all over the world to be a part of the University of Memphis’ experience. The campus boasts 25 Chairs of Excellence and five state-approved Centers of Excellence.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS SCHOLARSHIP.
The University of Memphis scholarship international merit award helps students waive international fees. It helps you save thousands of dollars each semester as you will receive domestic out-of-state tuition rates.
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS
In the University of Memphis scholarship, there are several opportunities open to all interested and qualified applicants. Here is a list of the scholarship opportunities available at the University of Memphis.
- Freshmen Scholarships At-A-Glance
- Transfer Scholarships At-A-Glance
- Memphis Advantage Scholarship
- Social Change Scholars
- Adult Scholarship
- Community College Transfer Scholarship Application
- Departmental Scholarships
- First Scholars Program
- Luther C. McClellan Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Application
- Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation Scholarships (TSAC)
- Isaac Bruce Foundation Scholarship Application
- University Transfer Scholarship Application
DEPARTMENTAL SCHOLARSHIPS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS
Below is a list of all the departmental scholarships available at the University of Memphis scholarship opportunity.
- College of Arts and Sciences Scholarship Information
- Herff College of Engineering Scholarship Information
- College of Education, Health and Human Sciences Scholarship Information
- Fogelman College of Business Scholarship Information
- Loewenberg School of Nursing Scholarship Information
- College of Communication and Fine Arts Scholarship Information
- University College Scholarship Information
- Air Force
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Memphis scholarship opportunity is open to:
- High school students and parents
- Current University of Memphis Students
- Community College Transfer and Four-Year University Transfer Students
High School Students and Parents
The University of Memphis selectively awards scholarships each year. All scholarships are awarded for the academic year (fall and spring semesters only). Scholarships are awarded based on information submitted on the University of Memphis admissions application. For priority consideration, freshmen students should apply to the University of Memphis by December 1.
University of Memphis academic scholarships for first-time freshmen is e a combination of the cumulative high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores for eligibility consideration. It also offers test-optional academic scholarships based on high school GPA only. Most scholarships are four-year, renewable scholarships requiring full-time enrollment. Early application to the University of Memphis is strongly encouraged as scholarship awards are limited.
Students eligible for the State of Tennessee HOPE Scholarship Program (Lottery Scholarship) must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) as specified by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC). For more details regarding the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship Program, please go to the HOPE Lottery Scholarship website.
Admitted high school seniors intending to enroll for the Fall semester may also apply for private and departmental scholarships through the Tiger Scholarship Manager. You will log into your my Memphis portal to apply, and directions are provided by Tiger Scholarship Manager How To Apply for Scholarships (PDF).
Below is the respective checklist to ensure entering students & families stay on track for fall 2022 enrollment.
Current University of Memphis Students
Current students are encouraged to apply for private and departmental Scholarship Opportunities through the Tiger Scholarship Manager. Tiger Scholarship Manager provides a centralized, searchable database of all scholarship opportunities. This technology matches students to the financial resources they need to make their educational dreams a reality. You will log into Tiger Scholarship Manager to apply, and directions are provided here.
Community College Transfer and Four-Year University Transfer Students
Students interested in transferring to the University of Memphis are encouraged to apply for scholarship opportunities. A separate application is required for both the Community College Transfer Scholarship and Four-Year University Transfer Scholarship. Additional private and departmental scholarships may be available to students through Tiger Scholarship Manager. The application process is open. You have to log into Tiger Scholarship Manager to apply, and directions are provided by Tiger Scholarship Manager (PDF). Visit [email protected] for more information.
COVERAGE OF UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
The University of Memphis scholarship fund varies as it covers different costs in international and domestic non-Tennessee residential tuition fees. This scholarship cannot be combined with other University of Memphis institutional scholarships.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS.
Selectively, the university of Memphis awards merit-based scholarships to newly admitted degree-seeking international students. This scholarship is designed to help international students take classes on the University of Memphis campus as they work towards their undergraduate or graduate degree.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIP
Here is the eligibility requirement for the University of Memphis international merit-based scholarship for incoming international undergraduate students.
Undergraduates must possess meet at least one of these requirements to apply for the scholarship:
- 24 ACT or 1180 SAT equivalent.
- 25 U.S.A equivalent undergraduate degree GPA
GRADUATE STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIP
Here is the eligibility requirement for the University of Memphis international merit-based scholarship for graduate students.
The graduate must possess meet at least one of these requirements to apply for the scholarship:
- 300 GRE or equivalent on another test.
- 0 U.S.A undergraduate degree GPA or relevant master’s degree from an accredited or an approved institution.
DOCUMENTS FOR UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
In order for your application to be successfully submitted for the University of Memphis scholarship, you need the list of these documents:
- Online application for US study VSIA F1 or J1
- Resume for the scholarship.
- Standardized test scores report (ACT, SAT, or GRE scores)
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Motivation letter
- Copy of graduation certificate letter.
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year.
- A copy of the transcript.
- Recommendation letter from two of the students’ former professors.
- Research proposal (for doctoral degree candidates)
- Study plan ( for MS degree candidates)
Dual citizens or permanent residents are not eligible for this scholarship.
The University of Memphis’s priority application deadline is March 30, 2022.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I begin? You can begin by reading about the University of Memphis Scholarships. It may take time to read all about scholarships, but the time spent may be well worth the reward
- How do I qualify for an academic scholarship? Your application to the University of Memphis is your application for academic Scholarships. You must be admitted before scholarship consideration. The best way to increase your eligibility is to submit your ACT/SAT scores, High School transcripts, and all other required Admission documents as soon as possible. A combination of the cumulative high school GPA and the best ACT composite or SAT (EWR+M) scores submitted with the application for admission is used when considering a student for scholarships. Read more
- What scholarships are available to transfer students?
- The University of Memphis Community College Transfer Scholarship
- The University of Memphis Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship
- The University Transfer Scholarship
To be considered for these transfer scholarships, transfer students should be admitted to the University of Memphis and submit a complete application by April 1 for fall awards and Dec. 1 for spring awards. Visit Tiger Scholarship Manager >
- Am I guaranteed to receive a scholarship if I meet the requirements? The University of Memphis scholarship funds are limited and the awarding process is competitive. Meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee a student will receive a scholarship.
- Do I have to reapply for my academic scholarship every year? No, you do not have to re-apply for your Academic scholarship every year. Academic scholarships are renewable for three years and disbursed during the fall and spring semesters only
- How do I maintain my academic scholarship? Scholarship recipients must take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 at the end of their first year and a 3.0 thereafter. Academic scholarship recipients must also complete required service hours by the June 1 deadline each academic year.
- How do I submit an outside scholarship check? You can bring your check to the University & Student Business Services office located at 115 Wilder Tower. Or you can mail your check to the University of Memphis, P.O. Box 1000 Dept. 313, Memphis, TN 38148-0313
- How do I contact the scholarship office if I have more questions? To contact the University of Memphis scholarship office, you can submit an online question, email [email protected] or scholarship representatives can be reached by phone at: 901.678.3213.
The University of Memphis scholarship is open yearly to assist students for free. This is done to help international and national students complete their undergraduate and graduate degree programs. There are several scholarship opportunities open at the University of Memphis yearly.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must try to meet some of the application and eligibility requirements before being considered for the scholarship. The University of Memphis scholarship is not open to dual citizens and permanent residents are not eligible to apply also. The priority deadline for the University of Memphis scholarship 2022 is march.2022.