Watson Brown Foundation has opened scholarship opportunities for college students in southern California and Georgia to apply for the Watson Brown Scholarship 2022.
WATSON BROWN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Walter J. Brown, thought college education gave the finest road towards achievement and satisfaction. So, he founded a private Foundation to promote his viewpoint in 1970.
The Watson-Brown Foundation scholarships are offered to students from areas in and around the Savannah River valley where Brown was reared and lived most of his adult life.
The major objective of the Watson-Brown Foundation is giving need and merit-based scholarships to select Georgia and South Carolina students attending recognized four-year colleges and institutions in the United States.
The Watson-Brown scholarships are designed to fund students’ academic goals from the first day of classes through graduation.
WATSON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP WORTH AND BENEFIT
There are a variety of monetary prizes available to Watson-Brown Foundation Scholarship recipients.
$3,000 is the average amount awarded.
The maximum amount awarded: $5,000
A total of $2,400,000 has been awarded so far.
$3,000 or $5,000 each year, renewable for up to four years of undergraduate education, according to the federal government. The number of funds given out depends on the applicant’s qualifications.
Watson Brown scholarship is worth $5,000
WATSON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
In the words of Watson Brown, A recipient’s first four eligible years of undergraduate education are the only time a scholarship may be used. The number of eligible funding semesters provided to new recipients is decided by the applicant’s total years of post-secondary education completed as of the first semester of award eligibility, as stated below:
- Zero years of post-secondary education completed: eight potential semesters of eligibility.
- One year of post-secondary education completed: six potential semesters of eligibility.
- Two years of post-secondary education completed: four potential semesters of eligibility.
- Three years of post-secondary education completed: two potential semesters of eligibility.
The award is open to undergraduates at any college or institution in the United States who are pursuing a degree in any subject area.
Watson Brown Foundation scholarship is only made available for applicants in the following counties.
Current high school seniors or current undergraduate students are eligible for this scholarship.
Eligible students must:
- Be from one of the 18 eligible counties.
- Be within the designated county region at the time of high school graduation.
- Current high school seniors or current undergraduate students may apply for the scholarship.
- Plan to attend a 4 year, regionally accredited, non-profit college.
To maintain eligibility of the Watson-Brown Foundation Scholarship, the recipient must meet the following requirements each semester:
- Attend a four-year non-profit college or university accredited by one of the six regional accreditation agencies.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Complete each semester (Fall/Spring) with at least 12 credit hours (or the institution’s equivalent).
- Recipients must receive a letter grade in each course to be considered complete. A course will not be considered complete if any of the following occur:
- A student withdraws from a course prior to the end of the semester.
- A student receives an Incomplete grade for a course.
- Complete the Watson-Brown Foundation Scholarship Renewal Form at the end of each Fall and Spring semester. For details on the Renewal Form, please see the “Renewal Process and Guidelines” panel.
- Notify the Foundation if they transfer colleges, plan to study abroad, plan on taking time off from school, or are considering dropping a course that will place them below full-time status.
It is required of applicants to provide:
- Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Letter of recommendation.
- Short essay
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WATSON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP
There are 3 steps to the application process;
- Apply now. Apply online. Each stage of the application has instructions. The application for 2022-2023 is already closed. It will be available in October 2022.
- Make sure that all of the necessary documents are in order. Upload your transcript and recommendation letters to the online application before the deadline. Examine the “Spam” or “Trash” folders of your counselor and/or recommender in case the requested email was transferred there.
- Complete the three stages in the application procedure and send your application in before the deadline, if you want it accepted. Make sure you get a confirmation email after submitting your application. February 8th, 2022 is the deadline for submitting an application.
The application deadline is February 8th, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the Watson Brown scholarship application portal to begin your application process.
To renew your Watson-Brown Foundation Scholarship, applicants must agree to:
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Take a full course load (12 credit hours or your institution’s equivalent). Notify the Foundation immediately if you plan to drop below 12 credit hours.
- Complete the Online Renewal Form and upload your transcript/grade report at the end of each Fall and Spring semester.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is eligible for the Watson Brown scholarship?
Current high school seniors or current undergraduate students may apply for the scholarship. Students must plan to attend a 4 year, regionally accredited, non-profit college. The Foundation recognizes colleges and universities accredited by one of the six regional accreditation agencies, such as SACS.
What is the Watson Brown’s scholarship worth?
The scholarship is worth $5,000 and it is renewable in amounts of $3000 and $5000.
How many people apply for Watson Brown scholarship yearly?
More than 900 current and rising college students receive awards from the Watson-Brown Foundation every year.
SUMMARY OF WATSON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP
|Watson Brown Scholarship Worth And Benefit||Watson Brown Scholarship Is Worth $5,000|
|Scholarship Level/Field||Undergraduates At Any College Or Institution In The United States|
|Eligible Nationality||Georgia And South Carolina|
|Application Deadline||February 8th 2022.|
|Application Requirements||· Sar Transcript· Recommendation Letter· Short Essay|
|Contact Information||Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc.310 Tom Watson WayThomson, Ga 30824Office Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (Monday) Friday) Est(706) 595-8886 General Information(706) 595-3948 Fax|
Watson Brown scholarship is an award opportunity for college students in the United States. The scholarship is sponsored by the Watson Brown foundation.
The renewable scholarship is worth $5,000 and more than 900 college students apply for the scholarship yearly.
Applicants are to follow the application processes to apply for the scholarship after confirming if they are eligible for the award. All applications must have been submitting and the application requirements must have been met on or before the due